Yep, sometimes you gotta go with the double whammy: alcohol and caffeine. Which, I have to guess, doesn’t sound too bad to you, right?
It sure doesn’t for me.
That’s why I’ve gathered the top ten alcoholic coffee drinks to try:
- Espresso Martini: Honestly, I should just stop right here. I discovered these while living in Australia, and my life has never been the same. Shake 1 ounce of espresso and vodka with 1.5 ounces of Kahlua and strain into a martini glass, and you’re life will be forever changed too.
- The Truffle: Similar to the espresso martini, shake 1 ounce of vodka and Frangelico with 3/4 ounce of fresh espresso with ice, then strain into a glass and enjoy!
- Cafe Royal: Add 1.5 ounces of Patron XO Coffee Liqueur and 1.5 ounces of Godiva Chocolate Liqueur to your cup of coffee, top with whipped cream and sit back and relax.
- Black Russian: 1.5 ounces of vodka with 1/2 ounce of coffee liqueur… This one isn’t for the faint-hearted.
- B52: Try this layered shot of 1 part coffee liqueur, 1 part orange cognac and 1 part Irish cream. It’ll be the smoothest shot you’ll ever take!
- Amaretto Coffee: It’s exactly what it sounds like: 1 cup of coffee and 1 1/2 shots of Amaretto (think of it as alcoholic almond flavouring!).
- White Russian: See Black Russian, and add cream (still not for the faint-hearted).
- Irish Car Bomb: Drop a shot of Irish whiskey and coffee liqueur into a pint of stout beer – clearly, Guinness should be your go-to for that one.